Date of policy: October 2021
This policy will be reviewed every 12 months (as a minimum).
Review Date: October 2022
Clarus Education Ltd recognises its duty to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Clarus Education Ltd will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Provide adequate resources to maintain health and safety.
- Carry out risk assessments and review them when necessary.
- Provide and maintain systems of work which are safe and without risk to health.
- Establish arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances provided for use at work, which are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Carry out health surveillance, where required.
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
- Make adequate provision and arrangements for welfare facilities at work.
- Keep the workplace safe and ensure that access is safe and without risk.
- Monitor safety performance to maintain agreed standards.
The duties of employees are to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with others in the company to fulfil our statutory duties.
- Not interfere with, misuse or wilfully damage, anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
To ensure that this policy is effective, we will:
- Review it annually, or on significant changes in our business.
- Make any such changes known to employees.
- Maintain procedures for communication and consultation between all levels of staff on matters of health, safety and welfare.
Health and Safety is the responsibility of Danny Jillions & Alison Watkis-Octave